room with a view

room with a view

Sunday, July 28, 2013

What Am I Doing...

Well, here I am. I never thought I'd do it, but it needed to be done. A blog has been started and none of that Tumblr nonsense either. I think I'll take myself a little more seriously on here. I am starting a writing blog. Not so that you can laugh at my inability to form sentences or judge me and say "Oh look, another female college freshman trying to seem deep!", but for me.

Yes, me. Ever since the college writing process began almost a year ago, I have loved what I felt while writing. While this blog will be filled with work, it is not my attempt to become the next John Green or Sherwood Anderson. All I need is something to motivate myself to write. The goal is that I post something once a week. That will probably change when I realize that my life isn't going to be filled with time to think about what little has happened to me so far, but I'm going to give it a shot. The hope is that a year from now is that I will have developed as a writer and simultaneously created a permanent portfolio that documents the changes I've made on and off paper.

If you've actually made it this far in this post, a) you've got a greater attention span than 90% of the population who can't even read a whole tweet sometimes, b) you might be really bored and wanting to just creep on this, or c) you're interested in what this is going to become. The only reason I will be posting links to my new posts on social media is so that I can at least pretend I have an audience I am writing for. In saying that, please feel free to comment on my work, send me suggestions, ask me to write about something, etc. I don't want platitudes. Please no "Your work is great! So inspiring!" because believe me, I can tell when it's sincere.

I hope that enjoy reading my weekly posts. I know I am looking forward to what this writing will do for me.

2 comments:

  1. Good job Megan! So proud to see you getting a head start and really thinking about your future seriously. I knew I liked you for a good reason! I look forward to following you on your journey to becoming an even more excellent writer and one day teacher!! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete